The original portable bed, a Moses basket.
- Cozy, safe and practical
- Recommended for up to the first six months to keep newborn close by your side
- A comfortable resting space designed for your little one to sleep peacefully bed-side or in a nursery. Basket can be move easily from room to room for daytime napping and lounging too
This Moses basket is intended to be used with a covered foam mattress or organic futon plus fitted sheets for baby’s comfort. A liner or cover for basket is also suggested.
These palm leaf Moses baskets are handwoven in Morocco. Made from all-natural palm leaf and stems, no chemicals, sprays or dyes are used in or on this basket.
Palm leaf Moses basket varies and these are approximate measurements:
- Top edge of basket is approximately 87” around
- Inside bottom of basket is approximately 26-30 inches long by 10-13 inches wide
- Inside depth from top rim to bottom is approximately 9-10 inches tall
Choose 11x28 foam mattress or futon if you order separately – we will make sure it fits basket
Moses Basket Usage Guidelines:
- Suggested maximum weight is approximately 17 pounds or until baby can sit up and/or roll over on their own.
- Never carry your baby in the Moses basket, even with handles. First move basket, then put the baby in the basket.
- Do not leave your baby unattended in Moses basket.
- Use Moses basket only on a firm, horizontal, level and dry surface.
- Normal, healthy infants should always sleep on their backs in the Moses basket.
- Baby coverings should reach only as far as baby’s chest and be tucked around the mattress.
- This is a product is all natural and may be affected by extremely dry or damp atmospheres, store away from direct heat or moisture when possible.
- It is recommended to use a new mattress or futon for every new baby.
Cleaning Moses basket:
Use sponge or cloth to wipe clean with warm soapy water if needed. Allow to dry thoroughly and naturally away from direct heat before using.